Sunday 3 June 2007

At 3.20am...

I paid RM50 to register for full marathon!!



Part of my practice f
or marathon and also my weekly schedule has been fulfiled today. How? -I finished 10km on the treadmill..
Which will be 10-20km for the whole of next week AND
20-30km the week after next AND
30-40km for the last week before the actual marathon day
Gosh, typing out the schedule is tiring already, what more running for it?
And even worst, if I look at this..



The route itself is so complicated, first loop, after the loop? (WHAAAT??) Arghh... all these while people keep telling me not to do the full marathon, just for everybody's sake, so that:
1) I don't collapse on the bridge half way
2) I don't get muscle cramps after hitting the 21km mark
3) I don't get too sick after the marathon
4) I can still actually go to Sabah, and serve the community (mind you, 10 days before the 4th)
5) ya-da, ya-da, ya-da
All that said, I'm determined, I will do it, it's a challenge. I think marathon is always mind over matter, mind stops running, body gives up. Simple formula: keep my spirits up= finishing the marathon in qualifying time (6 hours)
Why is that not possible? OF COURSE, it is.
Sorry I really need to do a simple calculation here, mind me yea...:
It takes roughly about 1 hour 3 minutes for me to finish 10km today (that involves walking, and running, and sprinting, obviously I don't stop running on the treadmill and start panting... Basically I never stopped moving for that 63 minutes of my life)
42km = 4 hours 12 minutes + 15 mins (2km)
= 4 hours 27 minutes
Qualifying time = 6 hours
So,
Time allowance to screw up = 6 hours - 4 hours 27 minutes
=1 hour 33 minutes!
Doesn't that sound do-able? Well, of course... but mind you, that calculation only works if I have robotics leg that will go at the same pace, so, again
Slowing down time due to cramps = 1 hour
Thus,
Time allowance =1 hour 33 minutes - 1 hour
= 33 minutes!
I still have 33 minutes to crawl to the finish line...
See, people? STOP telling me that I cannot do it, which I believe I can (hmm, for now laa..)
Oh, another consolation, Kenny Sia had one month to practice for KL International Marathon.
Oh, another + point, after my 10km run in the KL Int Marathon, I felt so freaking tired, but right now, yes.. I'm still up typing a blog entry (erm, I did nap for about 2 hours before I started blogging... :P)
Ah, what can I say, blogging really does take up my sleeping time... (3.58am)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you CAN do it dude! i have faith in you. but plz don't pengsan ya. bukan apa, malu aje. hehehe! i know you will still get your rm420 (izit?).

eh! free tee for me right? discount-discount all tak main ya. wahahaha!